Monday 13 June 2011

Introduction

Welcome to my new blog!

It's always awkward to start a new blog, I think, so I decided that I should start by introducing myself.  My name is Tara-Lee Green and I'm a single mother to five children.  I have always wanted to be an author, but always believed it was too hard.  Yet I still enjoyed writing, and found various ways to do it, even building on a mud for a short time, just for the chance to have my descriptive writing edited.

My life had a pretty huge upheaval at the end of last year, and that caused me to make changes in my life.  Many changes.  One of the less unpleasant ones was that I made the decision to write.  To enjoy writing, to set goals of writing.  To accept that there will be mistakes made and hurdles to overcome but that I will write anyway.

To that end, I have started writing a series of short stories set in Australia in the near future during the zombie apocalypse.  Why zombies?  Well, that's a story in itself, so I might leave that for another blog entry.  My writing goal (to start with) is to write two compilations of short stories and a novel, and self-publish them as ebooks via Smashwords.  I plan to hold off until all three are done, so this could take some time!

My blogging goal is to share updates on my writing, as well as thoughts on what I'm learning about writing, books I've read, and zombie/apocalyptic genre movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment